Leumann Seraina, Dr.
Leumann Seraina, Dr.
La Dr. Seraina Leumann è specialista in scienze dell’educazione con un’esperienza pluriennale nei settori della ricerca nella formazione professionale e nell’insegnamento universitario. Attualmente svolge la funzione di Senior Researcher presso l’Osservatorio e di Senior Lecturer MSc in formazione professionale presso la SUFFP. I suoi temi prioritari nella ricerca e nell’insegnamento sono i processi d’insegnamento e di apprendimento scolastico e professionale, le concezioni del personale docente, la socializzazione e lo sviluppo nell’adolescenza nonché la formazione professionale e la migrazione.
- Since 5/2017: Senior lecturer of education sciences at SFUVET in MSc in VET programme, area of focus: education sciences
- Since 5/2017: Senior researcher at SFUVET in the Swiss Observatory for Vocational Education and Training
- 8/2016-7/2019: Lecturer of education sciences at SFUVET in study programme for language, communication and society teacher’s diploma
- 8/2015-7/2019: Teacher of vocational pedagogy for joint SFUVET-PHBern (upper-secondary education division) study programme for federal vocational baccalaureate teacher’s diploma
- 5/2012–4/2017: Junior researcher at SFUVET in the research area field «Curricula»
- 9/2012–12/2014: External lecturer at University of Fribourg Department of Education Sciences, area of focus: ‘Young People and Vocational Education and Training’
- 9/2011–4/2012: Research scientist in the research project MIRAGE (Migrants as Social Ascenders) and in the Leading House ‘Quality of Vocational Education and Training’ run by Prof. Dr. M. Stamm, University of Fribourg, Department of Education Sciences
- 2/2009–8/2011: Research assistant for Prof. Dr. M. Stamm, University of Fribourg, Department of Education Sciences
- Member of Swiss Society for Research in Education (SSRE)
- Member of European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction
- Reviewer for Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training and Citizenship, Social and Economics Education
- Learning and teaching processes at school and work
- Knowledge and beliefs of vocational school teachers
- Financial literacy
- Didactics for specific occupational fields
- Adolescent socialisation and development
- Education and training trajectories of young adults
- 2014–2017: Doctorate in Business Education (Dr. rer. pol.) at the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena (Germany). Doctoral thesis: domain-specific perceptions of financial literacy among Swiss vocational school teachers: theoretical and empirical underpinnings
- 2008–2011: Master’s degree in education sciences at University of Fribourg (area of focus: pedagogy and educational psychology of children, adolescents)
- 2004–2007: Bachelor’s degree in social work/social policy and social anthropology, University of Fribourg